Important Things To Look For While Choosing Web Hosting
There are two necessary things you need to start a website – a domain name and a web hosting plan. Buying a domain name is no big deal as you can get it from any domain provider. But there are a lot of companies that provide different types of web hosting at different prices.
Low traffic websites can easily be handled on shared web hosting and high traffic sites require cloud or VPS hosting. If you are looking to purchase web hosting for your website, there are certain things that you should look for.
These are important for the security, speed & better user experience of your site. If these are not available in your web hosting plan, don’t buy them as they will not be of any help. Let’s find out.
1. Customer Support
If you’re not an expert in web hosting servers or creating a website, you may make a mistake. To solve this mistake or any other problem, you need support. Hence, look for a web hosting provider that provides 24/7 support via call, live chat, or tickets.
2. Server Uptime
Nobody likes a website that remains down or unavailable most of the time. Hence, the ideal uptime should be 100% so that your website remains available to users all the time. Most of the hosting providers have 99.9% uptime which is great.
3. Renewal Price
Web hosting providers lower the price at the beginning and then increase them at the time of renewal. A hosting plan that you bought for $1/month may increase up to $10/month when renewing. Therefore, watch out for the renewal prices too.
Don’t compromise on the security of your website as you don’t want to see your hard work disappear or get into the hands of a hacker. Look for web hosting that offers tight security measures like firewall, DDoS protection, brute force protection, etc.
5. Backup Service
Your hosting plan must have a backup and restore feature because it helps a lot in case your website or server crashes. In case your hosting plan doesn’t have this feature, still you should back up your files regularly.
Other important things –
- The web hosting company should provide free SSL certificates that renew automatically. It makes your website secure.
- Make sure that you can scale your server to increase or decrease the resources (CPU, Storage, and Inodes) without migrating your website to another server.
- If you want to migrate your website from one hosting provider to another, many hosting providers offer free migration. So, look out for them.
- Make sure the server uses SSDs for data storage as they are far better than HDDs. They will make your website load fast.
- Avoid shared web hosting if you are building a website that will receive a lot of traffic or a business website.
So, these were some important aspects that you should look for when buying a web hosting plan. You can work more freely if you have all these things in your hosting plan.
Some good web hosting providers include Siteground, Bluehost, Hostinger, A2 Hosting, and Cloudways. They have all the services that you need.